Tuesday 16 September 2014

Tie dying with friends.

A couple of weeks ago some friends and I did some tie dying, it was soo much fun.  I'd looked up a few different techniques a while ago and tried a couple out.  I think it was pretty successful.  We used a selection of different dylon hand dyes which took a lot of stirring to dissolve and Lucy laid them out in rainbow order. 


I wrapped my dress up in a spiral then spooned the dye over the top of it, making sure I got the other side too.
 
Then I wrapped it up in a plastic bag overnight to let the dye soak in.  In the morning I rinsed then washed it and it looked like this.

 
I really enjoyed making my own unique clothes and will definitely do this again with some of my little boys' vests and my socks etc.  My friend Diana made a knicker monster.
 
 
We used lots of take away trays for the detailing, they're really useful for this activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment